Tuesday 15 January 2013

Your very first geocache...

Do you remember your very first geocache find? It's been just over 7 years, and 4 name changes since I found my first geocache. I was part of a group of 3, formerly known as Team Muppet, when we went out for our very first find. We brought along some friends of ours, which eventually became my second team as the Queens Borrowers. But let me go back to how it all started back in 2005.

In late 2005, my common law wife fell ill and was admitted to the local hospital, where she met cookie_cacher, a nurse in the hospital ward. They struck up a conversation and soon were discussing Geocaching and the great way of spending time outdoors. When she was released, she told me about the sport and soon I found myself looking at all the neat and kewl cache ideas and stories on the internet. I was already hooked without even going out!

That christmas, our landlords gave us a break in the rent, only charging us half of the rent and told us to put it toward something special for the family as a christmas present to us. Guess what we bought?

January 2006, we went looking for our first cache. We lived in New Westminster, BC at the time and there were several in town, and we thought to do one that appeared to be fairly simple. We headed out to find CoCPLC2: On the Top, which has now been archived.

We parked pretty close to the coordinates, and all 7 of us pilled out of the van and spread out and searched the area. We were there for what was maybe 15 minutes when Big G yelled out that he found it. It was one of those pesky metal plate covers...
It was too funny because he thought he had broken the parking meter on which it was attached. We signed the log and took our very first team photo.

Alas, due to our separation, my other half requested that I remove all photos of her and her child from any website that was connected to me, therefore I cannot post it, nor even find it.

Wish I could, it was a good one!

What was your first find?

No comments:

Post a Comment